Local Planning Authorities usually require all protected species surveys to be submitted with your planning application, not just the initial ecological walkover survey.
- Great Crested Newt surveys – Habitat Suitability Index assessment by mid-March
- Dormouse surveys should begin (March to November inclusive)
- Breeding Bird surveys (March to June inclusive)
- Great Crested Newt pond surveys mid-March to mid-June. MUST include visits in mid-April to mid-May.
- Greater Horseshoe Bat surveys (April to October inclusive)
- Bat Activity surveys (April to September)
- Reptile surveys can begin (weather dependent)